What to Know When Hiring a Kansas City Commercial Roofing Contractor
Commercial business roofs act as your building’s first line of defense against hazardous weather. Your roof is constantly being exposed to the elements, causing decay and deterioration, which can weaken your roofing system over time. All of this leads to the need for periodic repairs and maintenance and eventually, replacement, so having a quality roof installation is a must and a strong investment in your building’s performance over time.
So what do you need to know when it’s time to hire a commercial roofing contractor? You might want to start by asking yourself these questions:
- Who do you want to work with? Is the company honest and reputable? Do they have a tradition/past work that shows good craftsmanship completed in a timely manner?
- What work needs to be done? Is your roof leaking? Are there clogged waterways or downspouts that are causing water to pool? Or, do you think you might need a whole new commercial roofing system?
- What’s your timeline? When is the best time of the year to get your roofing issues solved? Are repairs immediate, or can they wait until the weather won’t be a problem?
Although there are plenty of commercial roofing contractors around, you want to be certain you get the best quality products, services and commercial roofing system for your money. When researching a roofing contractor, do background checks on the company, make sure they use trained professionals. Read reviews and do your homework.
Other things to keep in mind when choosing a commercial roofing contractor include:
- Certification & Warranty. Check to make sure your prospective commercial roofing contractor is a certified installer of the roofing systems they offer. A team of certified professionals will give you the peace of mind that your commercial roof system meets warranty requirements.
- Employee Training. Even though a commercial roofing business might be registered or certified, check to see that their team is as well. Safety is important, and you want to know your roof is in good hands with roofers that are trained in proper safety procedures.
- Insurance. Insurance protects you and commercial roofing companies, so see that your roofing contractor is insured.
- Referral. Online reviews are very helpful, but you can also ask business associates for recommendations. You want to make sure the roofing contractor you select is reputable and known for good work.
- Years in Business. This is part of a commercial roofing contractor’s reputation. If they’ve been in business for a long time, that’s a good sign they’re doing things right.
Cornell Roofing & Sheet Metal knows the importance of all these questions and concerns when searching for a commercial roofing contractor and makes sure to meet and exceed all expectations. If you’re interested in learning more about what Cornell can do for your roof, give us a call today at: 816-252-8300 or online at: www.cornellroofing.com.